//没登陆

欢迎您来到凯恩之角,奈非天!

帖子:75

符文:45

46#
大神造福社会啊
发表于 2014-7-26 23:13:21 |显示全部楼层 来自:上海
[armory]http://hero.d.163.com/hero/cn/%E4%B8%93%E4%B8%9A%E6%95%99%E8%82%B2%E5%B0%8F%E5%AD%A6%E7%94%9F-5694/36080680[/armory]

帖子:610

符文:16

47#
支持个~{:13_453:}
发表于 2014-7-26 23:14:06 |显示全部楼层 来自:江苏
[armory]http://cn.battle.net/d3/en/profile/%E9%83%A8%E8%90%BD%E4%B9%8B%E5%AD%90-5802/hero/2546228[/armory]

帖子:14

符文:2

48#

太好了,我正准备买这本书呢,电子版的就出来了,非常感谢。最好也把凯恩之书也给翻译咯。哈哈

点评

囧灰的joker  如果有条件的话,还是买书吧,很多细节和绘图还是原版的更加直观,我之所以做出翻译是为了在阅读原版的时候,方便手头有个译本。  发表于 2014-7-26 23:34
发表于 2014-7-26 23:17:38 来自凯恩之角App |显示全部楼层 来自:天津

帖子:1304

符文:11

49#
顶楼主的精神              
发表于 2014-7-26 23:22:32 来自凯恩之角App |显示全部楼层 来自:江苏

帖子:449

符文:71

50#
本帖最后由 囧灰的joker 于 2014-7-26 23:30 编辑

Part Two

第二章

The Fate of the Black Soulstone

黑灵魂石的命运

Being Mortal

成为凡人

I will not say mytime acclimating to mortal life has been easy. Of the many facets of this newexistence, even something as fundamental as sleep was challenging to accept.Angels have no need of slumber, and I was only vaguely aware of this conceptthrough my past dealings with mankind. During my first days as a mortal, Ifought my body’s many cries for sleep until exhaustion took me. The strangedreams that followed filled me with disquiet. They were enigmas, storms ofimages and emotions birthed beyond rational thought.

我得说为了适应凡人的一切并不容易。凡人的生活方式需要照顾到很多方面,有时就连最基本的入眠都极具挑战。毕竟天使是不需要睡眠的,这些休息的概念都是过去我通过与人类的接触中才隐约知道的。我成为凡人的第一天,我支撑着我的躯体直到精疲力竭才只得让困意将我侵蚀。接着我就进入了一段令我焦虑不安的诡异梦境。它们像是感性压过理性的一团迷雾,一场视觉风暴的混乱思绪。

But as with otheraspects of mortal life, I have come to cherish dreams. Some human seers claimthey hold meaning, and I subscribe to this belief. I believe that, throughdreams, mortals can at times pierce the veil of reality and touch, howeverbriefly, the realm of pure insight.

即使如此,过上凡人的生活后,我开始欢迎这场梦境。人总言称:要坚守自我的信念,我很赞同这份信念。是的,我必须相信要梦境的意义,因为凡人都能在有限的时间里用单纯的视野,去揭开现实的面纱。

Of late, my dreamsare haunted by one thing: the Black Soulstone. I see the crystal reflected inall things, at all times. It has become my obsession, my purpose in life.

近些日子以来,我的梦境中反复出现一样东西:黑灵魂石。我能看见这颗水晶在影响所有的事情,无论何时何地,它都成为我人生中不懈努力的目标。

It has driven me toact against the will of the Angiris Council and the High Heavens.

这个行动将驱使我与安杰瑞斯议会及高阶天堂成为对立状态。

Horadrim, by the timeyou read this, you may already know of my plans for the crystal. Nonetheless, Iwish to record the details here so that you may fathom the unsettling eventsthat drove me to embark on this path, however perilous it may be.

赫拉迪姆,在你阅读至此,你大概已经知道我有意要计划夺取黑灵魂石了。所以,再看完以下的详细记录之后,我希望你能理解为什么这件令人难以理解的行为会驱使我走向这条险路,不论前方有多么的危机四伏。

My allegiance to humans has often been questioned. Ifreely admit there was even a time when I regarded them with disdain, much likemy angelic brethren. But upon witnessing mankind’s innate potential forselflessness, I developed a deep admiration for mortals. The more I learned ofthem, the more I began to see my own kind in a different light. Ultimately, Ibecame aware of a glaring flaw among the angels.

首先,我因为经常支持人类而被受到各种质疑。我甚至可以很坦率地承认,一度我跟我的天使同胞们一样鄙视着人类。但当目睹了人类与生俱来的牺牲精神,那时我已被凡人的精神所深深地折服。于是了解人类越多,我就越意识到自己的缺陷。那么到最后,我才终于意识到那个在天使中刺眼的瑕疵。

Know this concerning Heaven’s denizens: they areimmutable in their adherence to order. Laws govern their existence, guidingtheir every thought and action. Although this affords angels great strength andunity, it also limits their ability to act.

在天堂中的居民都知道:他们对秩序的服从是恒古不变的。法律支配着他们的存在,并主导着他们每个行为与思想。尽管这为天使们带来了强大的力量和团结力,但这也限制了他们的辨识能力。

Nowhere was this flaw more evident than in mydealings with the Angiris Council. The archangels-Imperius, Auriel, Malthael,and I-were bound by law not to interfere with the mortal realm. But where Ionly loosely followed this rule, the other council members observed it withoutquestion. They obeyed even when the Prime Evils moved to corrupt humanity,threatening to upset the balance of the Eternal Conflict.

这个缺陷尤其体现在我与安杰瑞斯议会处事方面。法律规定天使长-英普瑞斯,奥莉尔,马瑟尔,以及我不准干涉人类世界。但在这条规定上我却没有严格执行,而其他议会成员却对此言听计从。即使当庇尔斯级恶魔都侵蚀了人类世界,威胁到了永恒之战的休战协议,也对此未曾做出任何改变。

When I intervened to forestall catastrophe, thecouncil members chastised me for my recklessness. They ignored my warnings thatthe Burning Hells would soon assault the mortal world. I came to realize howtheir precious laws had become more important to them than truth. No amount ofarguing or persuading would ever sway them to reason.

当我插手阻止这场灾难时,议会成员则要惩戒我所犯下的鲁莽行为。但他们却无视我的警告,烈焰地狱就要进攻凡人世界了。这时我才终于意识到他们已然将法律视为比真相更为珍贵的存在了。所以再多的争论或是劝说都无法成为动摇他们的理由。

I deliberately took on the form of a mortal,sacrificing my angelic essence, in response to the Council’s continuedinaction. In doing so, I hoped to set an example to the Heavens-to prove thatlaws can be bent for a greater good.

于是我牺牲掉我天使的本质,自愿成为凡人来回应议的毫无作为。我希望能以我为例,证明给整个天堂看,即便是铁律也会因为更为正当的选择而被改变。

I also knew that, in time, mankind would holdimmeasurable power through its nephalem heritage. Only by standing with humanscould I thwart Hell’s impending invasion and bridge the gap between the realmsof angels and men.

同时我还知道,人类通过继承了涅法雷姆之力是会拥有无穷力量的。所以只有站在人类这边,或许我能阻止地狱即将入侵和天使与人类之间的分歧。

Looking back, I realize how unprepared I was for therealities of mortal existence. As an archangel, I had observed and interactedwith humans for centuries. I had watched entire generations come and go,studying the forces that governed their lives. A time even came when I believedthat I had learned all there was to know about being mortal.

回想过去,当时作为天使,我从未意识到过我,还从未真正的融入到人类的真实生活之中。几个世纪以来我一直在观察和与人类合作。我见证了整整一代人的过往,并从他们的经历中学习到了力量。时光荏苒,当我笃信自己,以为已经了解到了关于人类的一切时。

How wrong I was.

我真是错的离谱啊。

Adria’s betrayal revealed the true scope of myignorance. On the war-torn ramparts of Bastion’s Keep, the witch turned againstus. She used the Black Soulstone, bristling with the seven Lords of the Hells,to transform her own daughter into Diablo, the Prime Evil.

我愚昧无知的地方,尤其体现在了爱德里娅的背叛上。在饱受战争摧残的戍卫要塞城垛上,女巫背叛了我们。她操弄这充斥着七地狱大魔王的黑灵魂石,将她自己至亲的女儿溃变成为庇尔斯级恶魔,暗黑破坏神。

In that moment, I questioned everything. Was itmortal weakness that had caused me and my allies to put so much blind faith inAdria? In siding with mankind, had I set the End of Days in motion, deliveringall creation into the clutches of evil?

就在那一刻,我对这一切都失望了,难道是凡人那糟糕的洞察力,才造成我和我的同盟盲目笃信爱德里娅吗?还是因为过于偏袒人类,造成我在忙于阻止世界末日的行动时,反而给邪恶力量创造了机遇呢?

My mind churned with despair as Diablo stormed therealm of angels, sending waves of flame and darkness crashing over the skies ofHeaven. The wails of dying angels, torn apart by tendrils of living shadow,filled me with terror. The unpredictable surges and raw, untamed power ofmortal emotion-something I had never truly comprehended-crippled me.

之后暗黑破坏神袭击了天使国度,而我的失望之心被搅碎了,天堂的天空中充斥着黑暗力量的熊熊烈火。哀嚎垂死的天使们,被撕裂成碎片卷入阴影之中,我已堕入恐惧之中。失控凡人的情绪,翻江倒海般的刺痛我的内心,这时我才知道我从未真正了解过支离破碎的自己。

The angels fared little better. The impossible hadcome to pass-the great Diamond Gates that had stood unbroken throughout theEternal Conflict lay in ruins, Like me, many angels conceded the inevitabilityof defeat, listless and dejected.

天使们的处境还好些。就在那难以置信的事情发生之后,站在矗立了整个永恒之战的钻石拱门的废墟面前,我和众多天使同胞们情绪低落的直面承认自己的失败。

But where we surrendered, my mortal allies forgedahead. They alone possessed the courage to vanquish the Prime Evil, casting theentity from the sacred Crystal Arch.

但是在我们准备投降时,我的凡人盟友仍坚定奋战。他们在水晶圣拱中独自勇敢的战胜了庇尔斯级恶魔。

The euphoria I experienced following the attack didnot last. My mortal comrades soon departed, and alone I struggled to find myplace among the angels. Food and other necessities of mortal life werenonexistent in Heaven. Nightmares of the oppressive darkness that had sweptover Heaven plagued my restless sleep.

经历这次战争之后我没有沉浸在胜利的喜悦之中。我的凡人伙伴很快离开了这里,我只得努力在天使之间寻找自己的位置。而且天堂中也不存在食物和凡人生存的必需品。席卷天堂的阴暗压抑梦魇更是让我辗转反侧难以入眠。

Places once familiar became strange and foreboding.In my former domain, the Courts of justice, fleeting visions of every angel whohad perished at the hands of the Prime Evil assaulted me. The fallen guardiansheld me accountable for their deaths. Overcome with guilt, I lacked the courageto face their judgment.

熟悉的地方变得既陌生又充满凶兆。在我奉职过的地方,正义法庭,仿佛每个短暂幻像的天使都在哭诉着,是谁一手将庇尔斯级恶魔带入天堂杀死的他们。堕落的守护者们固执的要求我为他们的死负责。在克服了罪恶感之后,我也无力面对他们的指责了。

And so I fled.

于是我逃离了天堂。

The immensity of Heaven itself frightened me. I wasbut a mortal in this vast realm, insignificant and transient. More and more, Ilonged for the simplicity of my past life as an archangel, to exist unfetteredby the limitations of mortals.

浩瀚的天堂使我胆寒。在这个空旷的国度作为凡人的我,越来越感到自己渺小而又短暂,相对于凡人的生存条件来说,我渴望回到以前简单不受生存条件约束的天使长生活中。

This yearning reached its apex during the Lightsong:the creation of new angels. Throngs of Heaven’s denizens gathered at theCrystal Arch, their essences tuned in synchronicity with the monolithicstructure. From this perfect harmony, angels were given life. But as a mortal,I could not take part in this sublime symphony. I could only watch as thesacred angelic rite unfolded.

在吟诵圣光之歌时,让这份渴望达到了顶点:新天使的诞生。天堂居民们集聚在水晶圣拱面前,在这巨大的建筑面前,用自己的本质产生步调一致的共鸣。新天使的生命来自于这完美的和谐音律,我无法参与到这崇高的交响乐中。我只能看着,这神圣的天使降生仪式的过程。

I was a stranger in the only place I had ever calledhome.

在这唯一被我永远称之为家的地方,我却成为了一名陌生人。

Alienated and apart, I took solace in my memories ofDeckard Cain, of Leah, and of the nephalem. I looked to them for inspiration.They had all dealt with adversity and doubt. They had possessed that wondrousmortal ability to shape their outlook on the world, to find hope in despair andmuster courage in the face of overwhelming fear.

面对疏远与分离,我只得在回忆中的迪卡德.凯恩,或者莉娅还有那名涅法雷姆中寻找到安慰了。从他们身上寻得鼓舞自己的力量。他们曾经克服这么多的疑惑和挫折。他们用自己不可思议的平凡力量去改变世界的未来,在绝望中寻找希望,鼓足勇气去面对令人窒息般的恐惧。

I relate this to you, Horadrim, not because I claimmy understanding transcends yours, Often, it takes the observation of anoutsider to glean true insight about one’s self. But if there is one shred ofwisdom I can pass on to you, it is that the true strength of mortals comes fromthe fact that they are forged of equal parts light and dark. From this dualitysprings a constant push and pull between opposing and contradictory emotions.This shifting spectrum of feeling is what grants mortals their unique perspectiveand freedom.

赫拉迪姆,我留给你的这些书记,不是因为我要让你去理解我,而是要你超越自我。时常往往从一名局外人收集的真相才能了解到本我。哪怕有一丝知识我也会倾囊相授,真相是凡人的真正力量都是来自于他们相等的光明与黑暗的部分。有着稳定的互相拉扯的双重弹性又矛盾对立的情感。这种情绪范围上的随机,使得凡人获得无拘无束的独特视角。

Rather than cower from the sudden rush ofconflicting emotions, I faced it. I adapted to it. Slowly, I began to seebeyond the things that troubled me; I began to glimpse the beauty of Heavenwith my new mortal eyes. I marveled at its grandeur, at the way each domain,from the great Halls of Valor to the tranquil Gardens of Hope, had a distinctand profound effect one my mind. I began, at last, to see as mortals do.

相反这种突如其来矛盾的情绪并没有使我退缩,我慢慢直面它,然后适应了它。我开始不再为此而烦恼看的更远了;我也开始敢于用全新凡人的眼睛去看这个美丽的天堂。我惊于在它每个地区的壮丽,从勇气大厅到静谧的希望花园,这些深奥的不平凡的地方深深印入我的脑海,从始至终,都用凡人的眼睛去看。

It was with this newfound perspective that I firstnoticed a subtle darkening to the realm of angels. Shadows dimmed the brilliantcrystalline spires and colonnades. Discordant notes tainted the radiant chorusthat whispered through the skies of the Heavens.

正是有了这个新的视角,我第一次注意到天使国度中出现了一丝细微的黑暗。银光的尖塔和回廊内微弱的阴影。不和谐的音符在光明璀璨的大合唱中低声污染着,穿际于天堂的天空之中。

At the center of this growing disharmony, I beheldthe Black Soulstone.

在这个日趋不和谐的共鸣中央,我看到了黑灵魂石。

发表于 2014-7-26 23:28:56 |显示全部楼层 来自:天津

51#

The Dissonance of the Angiris Council

失衡的安杰瑞斯议会

In the wake of the Prime Evil’s defeat, I resumed myinvolvement with the Angiris Council. Where once I had stood among Heaven’sruling body as the Aspect of Justice, I now assumed the place of Wisdom, aposition formerly held by the missing archangel, Malthael. In part, taking onthis duty was a deliberate act. I believed that to ensure a new dawn for angelsand men, the virtues of wisdom outweighed those of justice. But mytransformation was also caused by something more: a subtle calling thatemanated from the Crystal Arch, instilling in me a profound need to don themantle of Wisdom.

在击败了苏醒的庇尔斯级恶魔之后,我重新回归了我曾涉入的安杰瑞斯议会。一度我曾处于天堂领导层的正义之域,而现在我暂处智慧之地,这是以前失踪的天使长马瑟尔的位置。经过深思熟虑我接过了这份重担。为了保证迎来新曙光的天使和人类们的未来,我相信智慧的意义要远大于那些正义。但我改变的原由不仅仅来自这些:还有来自水晶圣拱的微妙召唤,需要我披上意义深远的智慧披风。

Through my involvement with the Council, I was privyto discussions about the Black Soulstone. The prime Evil’s body had been destroyed,but the crystal remained intact, the entity’s spirit still roiling within theenchanted prison. Angels under the command of Imperius quickly recovered thefoul artifact and entrusted it to the Angiris Council.

我回归议会后,通过秘密的讨论,获知了关于黑灵魂石的处理结果。庇尔斯级恶魔的肉身已被摧毁,灵魂石也完好的保留下来,但恶魔的灵魂仍在这魔法的牢笼中搅动翻腾。天使们在英普瑞斯的命令催促下回收了这个污秽的装置,并将它托付给了安杰瑞斯议会保管。

Never before had the archangels held such power anddominion over the Lords of the Burning Hells. Never before had they possessedsuch a momentous chance to purge evil from creation and bring an end to the EternalConflict once and for all.

天使长们从未掌握过如此大的权利并能制约烈焰地狱的领主们。他们也从未有过自永恒之战的创立到结束,以来如此大好的机会,并能一劳永逸的清除邪恶。

Auriel proposed forging an impenetrable chamber oflight and sound to shroud the crystal for all eternity. Imperius argued thatthe only valid course of action was to shatter the stone, thus destroying theEvil, and launch a final sweeping invasion of the Burning Hells. Itheraellingered in indecision, still plagued by his inability to foresee mankind’sdestiny in relation to the Prime Evil and the harrowing attack on the Heavens.

希望天使.奥莉尔建议打造一间坚不可摧用圣光吟颂的密室,将灵魂石永久的隐藏起来。勇气天使.英普瑞斯则争辩正确的做法应是将其粉碎,一举摧毁众恶之灵,并发起扫荡终结整个烈焰地狱的战争。命运天使.伊斯瑞尔却陷入自我沉思而犹豫不决,仍在为,未能预见到人类的命运与庇尔斯级恶魔之间的联系,以及惨烈的天堂被袭事件而困扰着。

The Council was divided, unable to pass a vote on acourse of action. It was during these meetings that I began to notice the BlackSoulstone’s insidious influence on the archangels. This effect was notcorruption in the other dark emotions intrinsic to the seven Evils. Formortals, I believe this effect would be even more perilous.

无法通过投票表决的议会已经分崩离析了。而正是在会议期间,我开始注意到黑灵魂石正阴险狡诈的影响着天使长们。这种腐化的效果是不是来自于七大恶魔中本来的那些负面情绪呢?这对于凡人而言,我相信这些影响的效果将更加可怕吧。

The mere presence of the soulstone drove a wedgebetween the archangels, begetting an unending cycle of heated debates andarguments. Know this: it is harmony that imbues angels with much of theirstrength. Discord is like a mortal disease that spreads to every limb and organuntil the body withers and dies. In that way, the Council’s divisivenesspervaded the Heavens, posing a danger to all who dwelt within.

仅仅在场聆听的灵魂石,便离间了天使长们,引发了循环般激烈的辩论和无休无止的争论。要知道:使天使们充满无尽力量的源泉是来自于融洽和睦。但混乱失衡后就是像凡人致命的疾病扩散到四肢和脏器一般,直至枯萎而死。可以这么说,议会的分歧弥漫着整个天堂,威胁着在此居住的所有人。

I warned the archangels of this burgeoning schismand the Soulstone’s role in it, but I was largely ignored. Imperius took myapprehension as a sign of mortal cowardice. Throughout the Council’s meetings,he was loath to hear out any of my suggestions. He continued to hold meaccountable for the tragic attack on the Heavens. He also claimed that mynature as a mortal made me incapable of living up to Malthael’s legacy as theAspect of Wisdom.

我警告过天使长们,不断产生分歧是灵魂石在其中作祟,但无人听我所言。英普瑞斯视我的忧虑为凡人的怯懦。在整个议会的会议期间,他厌恶听到我提的任何建议。他仍让我对天堂被袭事件负全责。他还声称以我凡人的本质,没有能力继承马瑟尔智慧之地遗产的。

Imperius’s behavior troubled me deeply. SeeingHeaven burn around him, seeing his loyal followers perish before his eyes, hada profound impact on the archangel. Due to his pride, he could not accept thatmortals had spared the Heavens from doom. He allowed his shame and anger tofeed off one another, blinding him to reason.

英普瑞斯的蛮横深深地困扰着我。看到天堂之火在他身边燃烧,看到他的忠实追随者在他眼前消亡,正是这些痛彻心扉的事情,深深地打击影响着这名天使长。而正是由于他的愤怒和羞耻心,允许他盲目地将傲慢成为理由,使他无法接受一个凡人逃过于天堂的灭顶之灾。

There was, however, a shard of truth to hisaccusations. Although I had willingly become Wisdom, I had not fully embracedmy calling. Doubtful that I could live up to Malthael’s legacy, I had abstainedfrom bringing other angels under my command. I had even avoided venturing intomy predecessor’s domain, the Pools of Wisdom, and taking up the legendarysource of his power: Chalad’ar, the Chalice of Wisdom.

不过,英普瑞斯的部分指控确实是合理的,尽管我乐于成为智慧,却无法全心拥抱自己的召唤。怀疑自己是否能够继承马瑟尔的遗产,我之前放弃天使的权利,导致其他天使们对我的命令视为糟粕。我甚至恐于进入智慧之池,我前任马瑟尔的领域,和使用他传奇般的力量源泉:智慧圣杯。

Would peering into this artifact destroy my mortalmind? Or would it have no effect on me at all? The various outcomes, and the potentialfor disaster, plagued my thoughts.

凝视这件圣物会摧毁我的心智吗?又或者我根本什么也看不到?我的思绪被各种结果和潜在的灾难困扰着。

I do not believe Imperius intended this, but hisconstant challenges finally pushed me to face my fears. I knew that as long asthe Council remained deadlocked over the Black Soulstone, the dissonance of thearchangels would fester like an open wound. Only by drawing on the powers ofWisdom could I hope to resolve this dilemma. So it was that I finally venturedinto the Pools of Wisdom to take Chalad’ar into my care.

我相信英普瑞斯意不在此,虽然他不断驳斥我,迫使我不得不面对自己的恐惧。但我也知道,只要黑灵魂石存在于议会里越久持续的僵局就不会结束。而天使长们的分歧也会像化脓的伤口无法愈合。所以仅仅希望借智慧之力能够解决这个困境。于是我最终踏入智慧之池,在智慧圣杯内寻求我的解答。

发表于 2014-7-26 23:32:08 |显示全部楼层 来自:天津

52#
Wisdom

智慧

In the long ages after light and sound wove thefabric of the Heavens, Malthael stood as a pillar of reason among thearchangels. Whenever disagreement erupted within the Council, he was there toquell the discord, drawing our divergent opinions into perfect harmony. Heexisted to seek the meaning of all things-the truth in all things.

长久以来,天堂在光和音网编织而成之后,马瑟尔就在天使长们中作为理性支柱而存在。每当议会中爆发分歧时,他总会平息纷争,将大家的意见分歧完美的解决。他的存在是为了寻求万物的意义及万物的真谛。

Despite his great influence, Malthael neverforcefully imposed his will on any of the archangels, Quiet and reclusive, hewas an enigma to his own kind. Even so, many of Heaven’s denizens reveredMalthael. Apart from the members of the Angiris Council, throngs of angelsfrequented the Pools of Wisdom to bask in the tranquil radiance that pervadedthe domain. Others lingered there for a chance to engage in discourse with Malthael.

尽管他影响力巨大,马瑟尔从不会将意志强加于任何天使长们身上。他是那种静谧幽寂,对于同胞来说他是个谜一样的人物。即使如此,马瑟尔还是被众多的天堂居民所爱戴。除了安杰瑞斯议会成员外,大量的天使们经常要造访智慧之池,进入那个洋溢着光辉宁静的地域。另一些天使则在此徘徊,只为能得到与马瑟尔交谈的机会。

But few were graced with such an opportunity. Thearchangel of Wisdom rarely spoke. When he did, the chorus of the Heavens wouldfall silent for the briefest moment and Malthael’s words would shine across therealm of angels for all to hear.

但很少有人能拥有这样的机会。因为智慧天使长总是少言寡语。但当他开口时,天堂的合唱共鸣便会悄无声息,在那短暂的一刻,马瑟尔的箴言就会闪亮的穿过整个天使国度被众人所听到。

When the monolithic Worldstone disappeared in thedistant past, Malthael dedicated himself to unraveling the mystery of thecrystal’s location. But truth proved elusive. The Aspect of Wisdom becameincreasingly distant and withdrawn from the activities of the Angiris Council.This behavior did not change even after we discovered that the Worldstone hadbeen hidden away on Sanctuary. Malthael continued seeking answers for what thisturn of events could mean. For the span of mortal decades, he would sit insilent and frustrated meditation, peering into the mercurial depths of thechalice. The Aspect of Wisdom was also prone to suddenly disappearing from theHigh Heavens to brood in isolation for lengthy periods of time.

就在遥远的过去,当世界之石失踪后,马瑟尔就致力于寻找这颗的神秘水晶。但事实证明它的位置扑朔迷离。智慧渐渐地在安杰瑞斯议会中变得疏离孤僻,即使我们发现了在庇护地中隐藏的世界之石后,消极的他也没有就此改善。马瑟尔仍然探求这个转变意味着什么的答案。以凡人时间为标准,几十年里他就坐着沉默沮丧的沉思,凝视着圣杯中的变幻莫测。接着,智慧在旷日持久的沉思过后,也从天堂突然失踪了。

After leaving on one of these mysterious journeys,Malthael simply never returned.

在这些难以理解的经历之后,马瑟尔永远离开了。

No one knows his current whereabouts. The Councildispatched some of Malthael’s closest followers to seek him out, but few everreturned. Rumors persist that he wanders the otherworldly halls of thePandemonium Fortress, but I have not investigated these reports myself.Whatever the truth may be, the Angiris Council and all of the High Heavens areless without Malthael.

目前他的下落无人知晓。议会派遣一些马瑟尔最亲密的部下去寻找他。但只有很少一部分人回来。传闻坚称他徘徊在混沌要塞的冥界大厅,但对于这些简报我还未能仔细核实。不论真相是什么,安杰瑞斯议会和整个高阶天堂都失去了马瑟尔。

I relay this information here so that you understandthe monumental impact my predecessor had on the Heavens. I was concerned thatin failing to match Malthaesl’s influence, I would shatter any hopes ofbringing angels and humans together. In large part, this mindset is what keptme away from the Pools of Wisdom for so long.

我至此传达的这些信息,是为了以便你明白马瑟尔对于天堂的巨大影响力。我很担心出现类似影响马瑟尔那样的失败,我会粉碎任何希望来让天使与人类凝聚在一起。很大程度上,就是这个想法让我远离智慧圣杯如此之久。

When I finally mustered the courage to venture intoMalthael’s former home, I found the place cold and desolate, as if it existedjust beyond the reach of Heaven’s light. An eerie void of sound-a silencealmost painful to endure-pervaded the domain. The crystalline cisterns andfounts that had once sung with living light had all run dry. It was there, inthe silent heart of this formerly glorious realm, that I found Chalad’ar.

当终于鼓足勇气冒险进入玛瑟尔的故地时,我发现这是个只有寒冷和荒凉的地方,似乎超出了天堂圣光的范围之外了。并且弥漫着毛骨悚然的音律,摧残着这个沉寂几乎达到难以忍受的地域。曾经在此吟诵的圣歌也随水晶池塘和泉水一并干涸。就是在这里,这个以前辉煌静寂的领域中央,我找到了智慧圣杯。

What is it like for a mortal to use this vessel ofever-flowing light?

如果凡人运用这个永动流光的器皿会怎么样呢?

First, know that the chalice was not forged for amortal mind. Even now, I struggle to tame its energies. Sometimes Chalad’arawakens the raw power of my mortal emotions, throwing me into states ofconfusion, fear and anger. Other times an icy cold surrounds me, chilling mybody to the marrow. I become transfixed by the inevitability of my ownmortality and of the death that awaits all things.

首先,要知道这个圣杯不是为了凡人铸造的。即便是现在,我都在驯服这股能量。有时候圣杯勾起了我原始的凡人情绪,并把我扔进恐惧与愤怒的混乱状态。有时候冰冷围绕着我的身体直到彻入骨髓。被我死亡的必然性和那些死后等待的事情吓得呆若木鸡。

Of its positive effects, Chalad’ar has many. Staringinto the chalice imbues mind and body with a profound sense of confidence,power, and euphoria. It also unravels the barriers of perception, illuminatingthe interconnectivity of all emotions and ideas, the oneness of all things.Light and dark, love and hate, life and death-to gaze into the chalice is tosee that these things are, at their core, merely different facets of the samecrystal. In that way, Chalad’ar allows one to perceive situations with flawlessobjectivity.

但智慧圣杯的积极作用还是有很多的。凝视着圣杯对身心的自信、力量和精神愉悦都具有着深远的意义。这也揭开了感知的阻隔,启发了所有的情感和思想使得它们互通有无,万物合一。光明与黑暗,爱与恨,生命与死亡,所有的一切都可以在圣杯中窥见到,在它们的核心里,只是同一个晶体的不同切面。这样圣杯便会提供给你一个观察境遇的完美客观性。

Using it confirmed a fear that had been troubling mefor some time: so long as the Black Soulstone remained in the care of thearchangels, it would bring about the downfall of both the Heavens and themortal world. The task of standing vigil over the crystal did not lie with theAngiris Council. It lay with mankind. Only humans possessed the potentialforesight, willpower, and perspective necessary to take on such a tremendousburden.

在使用它一段时间后,证实了是恐惧令我不安:只要黑灵魂石一直留在天堂,天使长们就会不断被其干扰腐蚀,并会同时使天堂和凡人世界同时陷落。安杰瑞斯议会虽然在看守警戒灵魂石上没有撒谎。但比起人类来说。只有人类拥有潜在的远见、意志和必要的眼界才能承担这样巨大的负担。

As I look back on this revelation, giving the taskto mortals seems an obvious solution. But I had hidden from this truth, wantingso much to believe that the Angiris Council possessed the unity to safeguardthe soulstone. Chalad’ar stripped away this self-delusion, forcing me to facethe stark truth, however painful it was.

当我回首这个启示时,将任务托付给凡人似乎是显而易见的解决之道。但是我对这真相却选择视而不见,仍热切笃信安杰瑞斯议会排除己见全力保护灵魂石。智慧圣杯剥夺了这自欺欺人的想法,迫使我去面对这一严峻的真相,无论有多么难以接受。

Such is the price of wisdom.

这就是智慧的代价。

发表于 2014-7-26 23:36:37 |显示全部楼层 来自:天津

53#
The New Horadrim

新赫拉迪姆

I relayed some of the insights I had gleaned fromChalad’ar with the Angiris Council, but is became clear that the archangelswould never allow mankind to have dominion over the Black Soulstone. Therefore,I began keeping my thoughts concerning the crystal’s fate secret.

对于我的一些见解,均是来自于从圣杯中搜集了安杰瑞斯议会的信息之中,显然天使长们是绝不会允许人类染指黑灵魂石的。因此,我开始思考有关灵魂石命运的关键了。

As to warriors capable of safeguarding the crystal,I considered many possibilities: the nephalem who had vanquished the Prime Evil,the dedicated and pragmatic priests of Rathma, and the barbarian tribes thathad once stood vigil over Mount Arreat with unyielding determination. Butalways, my thoughts lingered on the first Horadrm.

就算侍卫武士们有能力保管灵魂石,我仍谨慎考虑其中存在的众多可能性:那位涅法雷姆击败了庇尔斯级恶魔,还有奉献精神和务实祭祀的拉斯玛,以及曾日夜守护亚瑞特山,有着不屈不挠决心的野蛮人部族。但我总是将思绪停留在第一代赫拉迪姆。

I will not detail the formation of the originalorder or their battles against three Prime Evils. Deckard Cain and others havewritten extensively on the subject. I will, however, say this: the strength ofthe Horadrim was their diversity, a virtue lacking in many other mortalorganizations. Mages from disparate cultures, some of which were openly hostiletoward one another, comprised the order. Although the members constantlybickered and argued, their differences proved to be their greatest weapon. Theunique system of belief and worldview held by each of the mages preventedstagnation and allowed them to devise brilliant solutions for the impossiblechallenges they faced.

我将不在此详细赘述关于这个教派的形成和他们对抗三大庇尔斯级恶魔的事件了。迪卡德.凯恩以及其他人已经撰写与其相关的种种。但我仍然还要说明这点:赫拉迪姆的优势是来自他们的多样性,也有着同样和众多其他凡人组织一样的缺陷。这些来自不同文化底蕴的法师们,有些巫师甚至都是公开互相敌视的,就这样构成了这个组织。虽然成员互相争吵并且劝说对方,但正是他们的差异性,才证明了他们是最强大的武器。在面临不可能的挑战面前,独特的信仰体系和世界观,使得每个法师都摒弃墨守陈规,这总是能给予他们策划出卓越的解决之道。

But apart from Cain, the Horadrim had ceased toexist centuries ago. Forging another order was a daunting task I did not havethe time to undergo. I pushed thoughts of the Horadrim from my mind until Icame across this among Cain’s writings:

但只有凯恩幸存了下来,赫拉迪姆已在几个世纪前不复存在了。对于我来说,已没时间重新铸造一个新教派这样艰巨的任务了,直到我偶然翻到凯恩的著作时,对于赫拉迪姆的挂念才又重回我的脑海里:

They call themselves the First ones.

他们称自己为第一教派。

From what I gathered, a group of scholars stumbled upon a hiddenarchive of Hordric texts in the city of Gea Kul. A man named Garreth Rau, alitterateur well versed in the arts of magic, assumed leadership of thefledgling order. He and his newfound comrades swore oaths to uphold the tenetsof the Horadrim.

从我能搜集到的,一批学者偶然发现隐藏在吉库尔城市档案馆的赫拉迪文献中,提到一个叫做盖瑞斯.劳的人,这是一个精通魔法艺术的文学家,自认为是这个新教派的领袖,他和他的新伙伴发誓要坚守赫拉迪姆的信条。

Only later was it revealed that Rau had fallen under the sway ofBelial, the lord of Lies. It is unclear precisely when this occurred, but theman sunk into the depths of depravity, engaging in all manner of grotesqueblood rituals and human corruption. He also had designs for Leah due to herinnate powers, and therefore pulled us both into his web of deception.

只是后来才发现劳是受到了谎言之王彼列的腐化影响。当他败露了自己的行径,除了其他的危机仍不能确定,但可以肯定的是,这人已堕入黑暗的深渊,从事各种形式的诡异血腥的仪式和人性上的堕落。他还妄图谋划莉娅她与生俱来的魔力,并因此把我们俩带入了他的陷阱之中。

Quite miraculously, not all of these First Ones darkened as Rauhad. There were some who continued to uphold the sanctity of the order throughthese harrowing events. They were only scholars, but even so they bravelyfought to help break Rau’s hold over Gea Kul and cleanse the Horadric name ofthis despicable false leader.

十分神奇的是,并非所有的第一教派人员都与洛一并归顺黑暗。经历过那些悲惨的事件后,这些人仍坚持维护教派的尊严。虽然他们只是学者,但即使如此,他们仍然英勇的帮助了吉库尔对抗洛的破坏,净化了这个卑鄙虚伪的领袖,并为赫拉迪姆正名。

For that, I own them much. I have nothing but respect for theFirst Ones, and I have therefore given them my blessing to carry on theHoradric legacy.

为此,我欠他们太多,我一无所有,但敬仰这第一教派,并且我也因此给予我最大的祝福担起赫拉迪的遗赠这份重担。

Oh, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine the order wouldrise again. To know that they are out there in the world, upholding the valuesArchangel Tyrael bestowed on the first Horadrim, fills my heart with joy.

哦,我做梦也没想到这个教派还能再次崛起,知道他们仍存在于这个世上,并保持着对泰瑞尔赋予的初代赫拉迪姆的敬仰,我心中充满喜悦。

If only I had the time to stand with them. Perhaps someday Iwill.

但愿我还能有幸与他们并肩作战,或许就在不久的将来。

Discovering that the order still existed, albeit indifferent from than before, invigorated me. These First Ones had laid thefoundations of a glorious new Horadrim. With my guidance, I knew they would bethe key to guarding the Black Soulstone.

发现这个教派已然存在,尽管与初代以不尽相同,但仍对我是一份鼓舞。这些成员对于建立一个辉煌的新赫拉迪姆奠定了基础。在我的指导下,我知道他们是守卫黑灵魂石的关键所在。

To strengthen the order, I decided to reach out totrustworthy mortals whose talents lay in magic and other martial disciplines. Iwill not mention their names here, for there are some who may choose not totake part in this perilous endeavor. Know that I hold no ill will toward theseindividuals. To be Horadrim is to put the lives of others before your own. Itis to root out evil in the darkest corners of the world, enduring horrors thatwould break lesser mortals. Few have the courage to take on this calling.

为了加强教派的实力。我决定挖掘接触一些在法术和武术造诣,并值得信赖的凡人。我在此将不会提起他们的名字,有些人恐怕不会选择接受这个危险的任务。我没有指责这些人的意思。要成为赫拉迪姆是需要舍身取义的。它是要铲除世界上最黑暗角落的邪恶的,这将对赢弱的凡人造成永久的伤痕。很少人有勇气去承担这份重任的。

I was confident in my decision regarding theHoradrim, but the question of where the order could safely watch over thesoulstone plagued me. Again, I turned to Cain’s writings for answers. I delvedinto his histories of the secret places of the world: the lost city of Ureh,the Arcane Sanctuary, and many others. I gazed into the shifting depths ofChalad’ar to contemplate everything I had learned and seek insight.

对于重建赫拉迪姆的决定,我很有信心,但有个问题一直困扰我,教派究竟在哪里可以安守灵魂石呢?我再次在凯恩的书记中寻找答案,我深挖了他对于世界上神秘地点的历史:失落之城乌瑞,鲁.高因的神秘庇护所,以及其他众多地点。我还凝视智慧圣杯深处去沉思一切我所有的真知灼见。

Even now I remain undecided, but thus far a remotenetwork of nephalem catacombs in the kingdom of Westmarch appears mostpromising. I have included Cain’s treatise on this nation’s history and itsancient ruins in full should these details prove useful in the future.

即使到了现在,我对地点的选择仍是悬而未决,但到目前为止,只有威斯马屈王国边际的古代涅法雷姆墓穴最为妥善。我将包括凯恩的论述在对这个国家历史和其古代遗址的全部这些细节去证明对未来有所帮助。

发表于 2014-7-26 23:40:06 |显示全部楼层 来自:天津

54#
本帖最后由 囧灰的joker 于 2014-8-4 22:52 编辑

Rakkis and the Founding of Westmarch

拉基斯和威斯马屈的建国

Prelude to Conquest

征服序幕

Takenfrom the works of Deckard cain

取材自迪卡德.凯恩之作品

Of all the world’s myriad nations, it is Westmarchthat has always fascinated me most. I consider this land of rain-soaked portsand sweeping pastures to be one of the greatest kingdoms in existence, a factmade all the more impressive when considering its relatively young age.

在世界上众多的国家里,我认为最让我着迷的一直都是威斯马屈。因为这是一个雨水充沛的港口和有这一望无际的高山平原的伟大王国,而相对于其他国家来说,它年轻的国龄则是更加令人印象深刻。

But one must remember that the Westmarch of moderntimes is vastly different from what it was at the moment of its creation. It isthis historic event, the founding, which I will examine in some detail here.Much of the information that follows I have taken from Westmarch and the Sons of Rakkis,a seminal work on the nation’s past.

但别忘了,如今的威斯马屈与最初兴建时大相径庭了,在这一历史性的建国事件里,我将会对此进行详尽的分析。所调查来的大量信息都是来自于威斯马屈和拉基斯的后裔们,对于这个国家的历史来说是个开创性的工作。

Let us begin by briefly examining the early days ofthe Zakarum Church, for this famous institution’s rise to power is inexorablylinked to the founding of Westmarch.

首先让我们简要的了解一下初期的萨卡兰姆教宗,因为来自于这个著名教宗的影响,威斯马屈的建国与其有着千丝万缕的联系。

Nearly three centuries ago, the vast empire ofKehjistan was in the throes of unrest, plagued by famine and disease. Bloodyriots between the downtrodden commoners and the corrupt ruling elite were dailyoccurrences. In short, the climate was ripe for a rebellion by the masses, oneon a scale of which Kehjistan had never witnessed.

在近三个世纪前,庞大的帝国卡吉斯坦正处于饥荒和疾病困扰着而动荡不安的时刻。每天都在发生压迫的平民与腐败精英统治阶层之间的血腥暴动。总之,百姓的叛乱已成定局,正掀起了一股在卡吉斯坦从未有过的叛乱之潮。

It was at this rather inauspicious time that theZakarum, an order that had hitherto existed on the fringes of society, came toprominence. This religion was founded on the teachings of Akarat, a man whowrote of self-determination, empowerment, and the inner Light that exists inevery man and woman. It appears that in Kehjistan’s state of inequality andhopelessness, the Zakarum tenets blazed across the land like wildfire.Historians also attribute this sudden growth to the building of Travincal,a massive temple complex in Kurast.

萨卡兰姆就是在这个相当不幸的年代诞生了,这个曾显赫一时的教宗至今仍在社会边缘存活。来自阿卡拉特的教导建立了这个宗教,一个授权众生以民族自决、权利下放、内心光明而存在之人。在卡吉斯坦的不平等和绝望的状态来看,萨卡兰姆教义像是野火一样在这片土地上闪耀着光辉。历史学家也将库拉斯特里复杂魁伟的崔凡克之城的建立,归因于这个迅速发展起来的教义。

Beyond this, I will not delve any further into theZakarum’s rise to power. For the purposes of this story, it is important simplyto note that over the course of decades, the church grew increasinglyinfluential, soon becoming a major player in the political spectrum.

除此之外,我不会进一步深挖萨卡兰姆崛起的势力了。这个故事的目的是,重点只要注意不到十年的光阴,教宗就变得越来越有影响力,并很快成为政治范围内主要参与者了。

Fearful of this burgeoning power, Kehjistan’s rulingelite worked to exterminate the Zakarum through acts of violence andpersecution. But these brutal tactics only served to drive more of thedisillusioned masses into the arms of the church.

出于对这个新兴起的势力的恐惧,卡吉斯坦的精英统治阶层开始致力于通过血腥镇压和迫害行为斩尽杀绝萨卡兰姆教派。但这些残酷的手段只会带动更多群众倒入到教宗的臂膀之下。。

It is written that a new emperor by the name ofTassara dismissed this ongoing conflict with the Zakarum as futile. By allaccounts, he was a cunning politician and a master of statecraft. Unlike theprevious emperor, Tassara did not see the Zakarum as an obstacle. Quite thecontrary, he saw it as a means to strengthen his rule.

据记载一位名为塔萨拉的刚登基的新国王,为萨卡兰姆教宗正名,已结束这场旷日持久的冲突。据说他是个狡猾的大师级玩弄政治的高手。与以往的的国王不同,塔萨拉并没有视萨卡兰姆教宗为绊脚石。他则认为,这个教宗恰恰相反可以巩固自己的地位和统治。

In a move that is said to have befuddled andinfuriated the ruling elite, Tassara converted to the Zakarum faith. He decreedthat it would be the official religion of Kehjistan, and he even moved theempire’s capital from ancient Viz-jun to Kurast, the headquarters of thechurch. With this one deft stroke, Tassara won the admiration and, moreimportant, the undying allegiance of Kehjistan’s masses.

据称这一举动激怒了统治阶层,塔萨拉变节给萨卡兰姆教宗带来了信心。他下令将萨卡兰姆教宗立为国家信仰,甚至将帝国首都搬迁至库拉斯特的古代维兹郡作为教宗的总部。在这一系列巧妙的措施之下,塔萨拉不仅赢得了敬仰,更关键的的是卡吉斯坦的民众开始对他忠贞不渝。

Westmarch and the Sons of Rakkisstatesthat most of the nobility followed Tassara’s lead, but there were some whoremained opposed. A handful of nobles had no intention of sharing their powerwith the church. They pooled their incredible fortunes and recruited aformidable mercenary army to topple Tassara and crush the Zakarum.

威斯马屈和拉基斯的后裔们宣称大多数贵族都追随塔萨拉的领导,但仍有一部分人保持反对。少数贵族无意与教宗分享他们的权利。他们伙同自己惊人的财富来招募强大的雇佣军,要一举推翻塔萨拉的政权和粉碎萨卡兰姆教派。

This turn of events led the emperor to call upon hisgreatest military general and lifelong friend: Rakkis. I have found conflictingreports about this man’s true origins. What all the histories do agree on,however, is that Rakkis was a zealous Zakarum convert known for his sterndemeanor, cunning, and ferocity in battle. Throughout the course of hismilitary career, he gained renown for defending the empire from both externaland internal threats.

此事件引发了皇帝去号召他最大的军事将领和一生的伙伴:拉基斯。我发现关于这个男人真正起源有着相互矛盾的情报。不过历史记载又有什么时候能达到一致呢?不管怎么说,拉基斯是个狂热皈依萨卡兰姆教宗的教徒,战争中以军纪严明,老练和残暴著称。在他的戎马一生中,因铲除了王国内外的威胁而为自己赢得了荣誉。

Most accounts, which I hold true, state that theusurpers’ armies outnumbered Rakkis’s own forces by a wide margin. Despite thisdisadvantage, the general outmaneuvered his adversaries at every turn. Indeed,he divided and conquered the mercenaries with incredible speed and efficiency,never losing a single battle.

在大多数记述中,哪个是我掌握的真相呢?就是篡夺者的雇佣军远远超出了拉基斯的军队人数。尽管处于这种劣势,但拉基斯将军总能以智取胜扭转战局。事实上,他使用惊人的速度和效率,离间和征服了那些雇佣军,而且从来没输过一场战斗。

These victories made Rakkis a legend. Perhaps themasses saw his triumph as a sign of their faith’s legitimacy and undeniablestrength. Whatever the case, when Rakkis traveled through cities, it is saidthat people of all ages would gather to catch a glimpse of their champion. Thegeneral used his influence to dispose of governors and magistrates whom he sawas inept, replacing them with his favored Zakarum archbishops.

这些胜仗铸就了拉基斯的传奇。也许就是民众看到了他的胜利,所以就更认同自己所信仰的教宗的正统性和无可争辩的实力了。无论什么情况下,只要拉基斯在城内游行通过时,据说所有的男女老少都要挤满街道瞻仰他们的英雄。而拉基斯将军善用自己的影响力弹劾他眼中认为无能的地方官和治安官们。以便替换成他信任的萨卡兰姆大主教人员。

In time, Tassara grew wary of Rakkis’s explosivepopularity and sought to neutralize this new threat to his rule. The emperordid not, however, turn to violence as a solution. I imagine this was partly dueto his friendship with Rakkis. But more important, Tassara knew thateliminating the general would only turn the populace against him.

随着时间的推移,塔萨拉逐渐地对拉基斯喷发性的名望产生了戒心,为了统治他考虑要消灭这种新的威胁。但皇帝最终却没选择使用武力来解决问题。我想他也许是因为念及拉基斯是自己的旧好吧。但更加重要的是,塔萨拉知道铲除拉基斯只会让民众转为反对自己。

Thus, he took a quite different tactic. To the west,across the glittering Twin Seas, lay untamed and savage lands shrouded inmystery. Tassara claimed that it was the empire’s duty to conquer this darkcorner of the world and enlighten it with the Zakarum faith, and that onlyRakkis’s zeal could succeed in doing so.

因此,他采取了完全不同的策略。去穿过光明之海到达双子海,在那片笼罩神秘西方的蛮野之地,仍是一团不可预知的迷雾。塔萨拉声称,帝国的职责就是去征服世上所有黑暗的角落,和散播萨卡兰姆教义的启蒙,而这只有狂热信徒的拉基斯能够在这次远征中取得胜利

If the general failed, he would likely lose much ofhis popularity. If he proved victorious, Tassara would reap the benefits and beseen as the architect of this grand new chapter in Zakarum history. Either way,the emperor would secure a future for himself.

如果将军落败,他大概会损失大量信徒。如果他证明自己能够取得胜利,塔萨拉也会从中获得好处,会被视为萨卡兰姆教宗历史新篇章的铸就者。无论往哪个方面发展,皇帝对自己的未来都能在高枕无忧。

Whether or not Rakkis was aware of Tassara’sulterior motives is unclear, but he accepted the task nonetheless. The emperorgranted the general nearly a third of Kehjistan’s standing military. This forceincluded many paladins, holy warriors of the Zakarum Church (known as theProtectors of the Word) who used the powers lengths to ensure that Rakkis’sclosest allies in the church were included in this bold campaign.

但尚不清楚,拉基斯是否参透了塔萨拉这个不可告人的动机,可最终,他还是接受了这个任务。皇帝恩准给将军卡吉斯坦近三分之一的军力。这支部队包括许多圣骑士,因为萨卡兰姆教宗的圣骑士(以谨遵誓言而闻名)是教宗权利的中坚力量,所以确保将拉基斯这些盟友列入这次破釜沉舟的远征队伍中去。

Before thousands of cheering onlookers, the greatarmy set sail in a fleet that, according to one account, stretched from theshores of Kehjistan to the far horizon.

就在成千上万欢呼的民众面前,伟大的军团战舰起航驶往远方,对此只有一种记载,浩瀚战舰队列从卡吉斯坦的海岸一直延伸到遥远的地平线。

发表于 2014-7-26 23:43:15 |显示全部楼层 来自:天津

55#
本帖最后由 囧灰的joker 于 2014-7-31 14:13 编辑

CampaignsAgainst

抵抗远征军

Ivgorod and the Barbarians

艾格罗德和野蛮人

Rakkis first landed in Lut Gholein, an ancient portthat had been forewarned of his arrival. The Zakarum faith was alreadyentrenched in the city, having held ties with Kehjistan through trade. LutGholein’s ruling mercantile guild agreed to supply Rakkis with additionalsoldiers and provisions in exchange for continued autonomy.

拉基斯最先登陆的是鲁.高因,在他抵达这个古老的港口之前。在通过与卡吉斯坦的贸易往来中,已经将萨卡兰姆信仰扎根于这座城市,鲁.高因的执政商业公会同意提供给拉基斯补充兵力与食品补给,来换取独立自治权利。

It was outside this city, in the northern reaches ofthe sun-scorched deserts of Aranoch, where Rakkis would meet his firstresistance. The kingdom of Ivgorod controlled vast swaths of the region,although the base of its power lay high in the mountains northwest of thedeserts. This ancient culture observed a polytheistic religion vastly differentfrom the Zakarum faith. As such, Ivgorod vehemently opposed Rakkis and hisbeliefs.

在城市之外,北方沙漠中烈阳焦土下的阿拉诺克,拉基斯在那里遇到了第一股抵抗力量,艾格罗德王国,它虽然统治着这里的大片地域,但其集权基础则只有在西北那片沙漠。这个古老文明通过观察发现其万神教宗与萨卡兰姆教宗截然不同,正因如此,艾格罗德王国极其排斥拉基斯和他的信仰。

Across the dunes of Aranoch, the two sides clashedin a series of somewhat one-sided engagements. The Kehjistani forces, mastersof warfare in open terrain, ultimately crushed their adversaries, therebyshattering Ivgorod’s hold on the land. In fact, the victory was so total thatthe kingdom would never again reclaim the deserts.

阿拉诺克重重的沙丘上,在双方一系列小规模的交战冲突之后,萨卡兰姆武装力量终于在利于他们发挥的开阔地形击溃了敌军,从而粉碎了艾格罗德王国对这片土地的控制权,而事实上,胜利之彻底,造成王国就此在这片沙漠之中一去不复返。

Be that as it may, Ivgorod remained a constant thornin Rakkis’s side as he passed over the western Tamoe mountain range. It wasthere that the Kehjistani soldiers constructed Eastgate Keep, a fortifiedoutpost to defend against their enemy’s counterattacks.

即便如此,拉基斯方面军再通过西部泰摩山脉时还是遭受艾格罗德的持续阻挠。就是在那里卡吉斯坦士兵们建立了坚固的哨所:东门要塞,以抵御敌人的反击。

ps. Eestgate Keep在凯恩之角的百科中没有登记,国外网站也是如此,只是提到拉基斯在此建立该城并在此休整部队,我从网上找了很多暗黑地图,发现英文原版的找不到这个地方,而部分翻译版的在崔斯特姆附近的山脉中的一个类似城堡的写道:修道院,暗黑2中泰摩高地的修道院可能就是Eestgate Keep,但我在暗黑2中将女伯爵和修道院都走了一圈,还是无法肯定这个地方,最后我终于在凯恩之书附赠的地图中找到修道院既是Eestgate Keep。

英文.jpg
中文.jpg
东门要塞指引.jpg

至于翻译成东门要塞,是我个人起名的,不具权威性,请有了解的同学们告知这个地点的准确名称。

Westmarch and the Sons of Rakkis somewhatdownplays this portion of the campaign, but I have found other accounts thatprovide details. Suffice it to say, Rakkis met increasingly fierce resistancein the mountains. It can even be said that Ivgorod intentionally lured theKehjistani forces farther north into the dense forests and craggy terrain, anenvironment more suited to the kingdom’s style of warfare. Ivgorod’s religiousrulers also called upon the monks, their greatest and most venerated holywarriors, to strike down the invaders. These incredibly disciplined combatantsharassed Rakkis’s soldiers at every turn, launching ambushes and covertassaults with devastating results.

威斯马屈和拉基斯的后裔们对这场战役记述有些含糊其辞了,但我仍在其他记载中找到些细节。谣传在山区内拉基斯遭遇了日趋凶猛的抵抗。甚至可以说是艾格罗德故意引诱卡吉斯坦部队进入北部茂密的森林和崎岖的地脉,而这样的作战环境更符合这个国家的风格。艾格罗德宗教统治者还呼吁他们最伟大的和崇敬的神圣战士武僧的加入,来去抗击侵略者。拉基斯的士兵们在每个角落点都被这些自律非凡的战士所骚扰,而发动伏击和偷袭对这支军队产生毁灭性的打击。

It is here that we see the clash of two faiths:paladins trained in the Light battling monks who, it is written, could call uponthe gods of the land to imbue themselves with immense power. This was a battlewe in the modern times have never truly witnessed.

正是在这里,我们看到两个信仰之间的碰撞:圣骑士和武僧训练都是为圣光而奋斗,正如记载描述,他们召唤大地中的众神为自己注入巨大的力量。这是一场我们在现代从未见证的战役。

As the Kehjistani armies continued to spread outinto the far north, they met equally fierce resistance form the scatteredbarbarian tribes around the foothills of Mount Arreat. I can only imagine whatit must have been like for the rank-and-file Kehjistani soldiers as they facedthese strange and indomitable foes, a people adorned in vivid body paint andscreaming savage war cries as they fearlessly charged into battle.

由于卡吉斯坦军队继续扩张至遥远的北方,他们同样遇到了在围绕着亚瑞特山地带,散落的野蛮人部族的顽强反抗。我唯一能想象的就是,当这些野蛮人化着摄人心魄的战妆和伴着尖啸雷霆般地战吼声无所畏惧的冲入战场时。卡吉斯坦的普通士兵在面对这些不可屈服的强壮敌兵是什么样的情景。

Rakkis would never conquer the barbarians orIvgorod. Although both of these cultures were deeply wounded by the Kehjistaniincursion, they would nonetheless endure.

拉基斯恐怕永远也不征服不了野蛮人和艾格罗德。尽管这两个文明都是由于卡吉斯坦的入侵而造成沉重的打击,但他们仍会持续抗争下去。

For the sake of brevity, I will say that the nearbylands of Entsteig and Khanduras both willingly submitted to Rakkis. They didnot possess a faction of military strength held by Ivgorod or the barbarians.Both Entsteig and Khanduras would accept the Zakarum faith, and in return theywould retain much of their independence.

为简洁起见,恩斯汀格和坎德拉斯都将边界土地自愿呈献给拉基斯。他们并不具备与艾格罗德和野蛮人部族的军事力量。所以恩斯汀格和坎德拉斯双方都愿意接受萨卡兰姆教义,与此同时作为回报,他们可以保留自主权。

But it was in the south where Rakkis would find hisgreatest success.

最后拉基斯将会在南方找到他最大的成就。

A missive fragment from Rakkis that reads:
“…northern tribes unyielding. Supplies low. Requestreinforcements from Lut Gholein with all due haste.”

来自一份来自拉基斯公文片段:

“……北方部族的抵抗过于顽强。补给严重短缺。鲁.高因请迅速提供增援。

发表于 2014-7-26 23:54:56 |显示全部楼层 来自:天津

56#
本帖最后由 囧灰的joker 于 2014-7-27 00:09 编辑

The Creation of Westmarch

威斯马屈的创建

Westmarch and the Sons of Rakkis recountsthat the general gathered his forces near Eastgate Keep to recuperate andponder his past defeats. Morale is said to have been low among many of thesoldiers following their failed campaigns against Ivgorod and the barbarians.But Rakkis was not dissuaded. As with many of history’s conquerors, he believedthat victory was his destiny. With speeches about their righteous cause, abouttheir faith’s ultimate ascendancy, he rallied his soldiers and set out for thenext leg of his campaign.

威斯马屈和拉基斯的后裔们叙述称,将军在东门要塞附近汇集他的军队,休整他们并沉思他过往的失败。众多士兵在进军艾格罗德和野蛮人时遭遇重创,士气普遍低迷。但拉基斯却没被击垮。在历史上众多的征服者中,他相信他的命运是取得最终的胜利。于是他演讲关于正义是他们的理想,关于信仰是他们根本的优势,他团结自己士兵并开始下一阶段的征服历程。

Nine warring clans existed around the southern edgeof what is now called the Gulf of Westmarch. For generations, these hostilepeoples had lived in a state of perpetual violence. This disunity was theirgreatest weakness, and one that Rakkis saw as an advantage. He knew thatlaunching his armies against these clans would inevitably unite them into asingle undefeatable force. Instead, Rakkis lived among them. He learned theirlanguage and their culture. He learned their gods. All the while he subtlyspread the Zakarum faith to all who would hear.

现在我们所称的南部边缘的威斯马屈湾,当时是有九个敌对部族存在的。这些世世代代在此居住的人民永远活在敌对的状态中。分裂是他们的致命缺点,这点拉基斯认为是个优势。他知道进军攻打这些部族必然会将其统一一体,并形成一支战无不克的军团,另一方面,拉基斯在与他们相处时,学会了他们的语言和文化并了解了他们的信仰。这一切都利于他暗地里散播萨卡兰姆教义。

Through an arranged marriage, Rakkis bound himselfby blood to the region’s third largest clan, the Ortal. He used this newstanding as leverage, bringing four of the lesser clans under his banner.

通过联姻,拉基斯将该地区的第三大家族奥尔多的血脉紧紧地系在一起,他用这个新的落脚点作为杠杆,并募集其他四族部落首领招入他的麾下。

Rakkis then launched his combined forces in a fullassault against the largest and most hostile clan, the Hathlan. It is difficultfor my mind to fully grasp the terrible nature of the battles that followed.Sources state that blood turned the once verdant fields to marshland. Thestench of decaying corpses carried on the wind as far as Khanduras.

紧接着拉基斯指挥他的联合军团,向最庞大的汉斯兰部族展开了全面进攻时,我难以想象随着这场充满可怕血腥的战争号角响起,这个绿荫葱葱的原始湿地便成为一片血海。尸体的腐烂恶臭气味在坎德拉斯空气中随风飘荡。

At the Battle of Dyre River, the Kehjistani forcesdismantled the tattered remnants of the Hathlan army and slew its leader. Thisclan, in addition to the three others that had abstained from taking a side,quickly submitted to Rakkis’s rule. The people of the gulf, having witnessedthe general’s supremacy, declared him their one true king.

在达尔河战役中,卡吉斯坦众部击溃了汉斯兰的残兵败将。另一方面,汉斯兰部族中除了三人弃权,其他人很快就像向拉基斯提呈了纳降书。海湾的民众们见证了将军的实力,并臣服于他,宣称他是真正唯一的君王。

But even as Rikkis assumed dominion over his newsubjects, he rallied them with talk of mankind’s inner Light and glory. It washis unyielding strength and conviction that truly united these formerlyintractable peoples and forged them into a single proud kingdom.

但即使拉基斯已经统治了新臣民,他仍召集民众游说凡人内心的神圣与荣耀。就是他不屈不挠的力量和信念,才真正团结了这些曾经的蛮夷部族,统一并铸就了一座骄傲的国度。

In honor of his long and grueling campaign to spreadthe faith from distant Kehjistan, Rakkis named his territory Westmarch. Itsborders stretched from the gulf to the Great Ocean. For the capital (whichwould come to share the same name as the kingdom), Rakkis ordered theconstruction of a river port settlement. The subsequent years saw Westmarchflourish. New roads, cities, and infrastructure sprouted up throughout theland. Due to plentiful access to the sea, the nation quickly became aformidable naval and mercantile power.

为了宣扬来自遥远的卡吉斯坦信仰以来,在拉基斯漫长而又艰苦远征过后,拉基斯最终光荣的命名了他的国土为威斯马屈。其国界线由海湾一直延伸至大海。而建设首都(与整个国家同名),拉基斯则下令在河港居民区里。随后几年威斯马屈蓬勃发展。大量的新道路,城镇和民生设施如雨后春笋般矗立在整片大地上。而由于拥有丰富的海洋资源,这个国家迅速成为一个拥有强大海军和经济实力的强国。

Rakkis ruled with a strong but fair hand and enjoyedthe admiration of his people. Years after founding his nation, he would launchfurther incursions against the barbarians, but he would never make any truegains against the fierce northern tribes. It is said that Rakkis diedpeacefully in his sleep over the age of one hundred. His legacy would continuelong after his death. Indeed, Westmarch’s current standing in the world is atestament to the dedication and wisdom that he employed to build a nation.

拉基斯的统治及强硬而又平等,所以人民对他敬爱有加,建国多年之后,他又再次对野蛮人部族进行了入侵,但他不会在这些北方的凶猛部族上捞到一点好处。据说最终百岁有余的拉基斯在睡梦中安然离世。在逝世之后他的传承仍流传于世上。事实上,正因为拉基斯所遗赠的奉献精神和智慧才铸就了威斯马屈这个多民族国家在目前世界上的地位。

The Lost Ruins of Westmarch

威斯马屈的失落遗迹

I feel it is important to note here why Rakkissettled in Westmarch rather than in Khanduras or Entsteig. Historians have manytheories about this, such as the desire to put a safe distance between histerritories and the barbarian tribes. However, the theory I find mostintriguing is one concerning a ruined city buried beneath Westmarch’s bogs.

我觉得在这里应重点注意到,拉基斯与其在沼泽区建立威斯马屈,为何不选择丰饶的坎德拉斯或者恩斯汀格建都呢?历史学家对此有诸多理论,例如考虑到疆土应与野蛮人部族有一定的安全距离。然而,我觉得最有意味的理论,就是威斯马屈附近的沼泽下掩埋着一座远古时期的遗迹。

At some point after his campaign against the peopleof the gulf, Rakkis came across this location. Perhaps to him, the ruins musthave seemed like something out of a legend: mysterious structures that outshonethe works of Kehjistan’s greatest architects. I have come to believe thatRakkis viewed this place as some remnant of mankind’s lost past, of a time whenhumans bristled with the inner Light. However, this is only speculation on mypart. Other accounts seem to indicate that Rakkis was aware of this ancient cityeven before he set out from Kehjistan, although I do not know how that waspossible.

拉基斯在征服海湾民众过后,他才来到这个地方。或许对拉基斯来说,这座遗迹看起来像某种传说中的建筑:神秘的构造看起来让卡吉斯坦最宏伟的建筑也相形见拙。我开始相信,拉基斯所查看的这个地方,就是凡人久远以前的遗留,是人类还拥有强大力量的那个时候。然而这只是我个人揣测。而另一些记述则表明,拉基斯从卡吉斯坦出发时,就已经对这座远古遗迹略有耳闻了,但我对这一说法的可能性却存疑。

As to the true nature of this site, I have foundpassages in the Books of Kalan thatreference it. It appears the city was constructed in a time before mortalmemory by Daedessa the Builder. This individual was supposedly a nephalem, one ofthe incredibly powerful ancestors of humanity, born from a union between angelsand demons.

对于这座遗迹的真相,我引用发现自卡兰之书中的片段来解释它。由建造师戴德萨所建的这座城市,远在凡人有记忆之前就已落成,据推测,这个人可能是一名涅法雷姆,有着难以置信强大力量的人类先祖之一,由天使与恶魔结盟时所生。

If this is factual, the settlement must have beenmarvelous to behold in its prime. Imagine an entire city bustling with acommunity of nephalem.

如果这是事实的话,也能解释通,这不可思议的建筑一定是涅法雷姆全盛时期的建筑。也能够料想到涅法雷姆社会在整座城市的熙熙攘攘的繁华景象了

The books ofkalan go on to say that these ruins possess a number of unique qualities.Legend has it that one of Daedessa’s comrades, Lidar the Noble, infused thecity with some form of magic that could ward off trespassing angels and demons.Of course, I have no means of verifying the validity of this, but such a featdoes not seem beyond the capabilities of a Nehalem.

卡兰之书紧接着提到这些遗迹具有一项独特的约束特性,传说戴德萨的伙伴之一,高贵的莱达尔,为这座城市注入某种魔力能够抵挡天使和恶魔的侵入,当然,我没法验证它的真实性,但如此卓越的魔法似乎却对涅法雷姆并不启用。

Throughout his life, Rakkis would remain enthralledby this most enigmatic location. He would often wander the labyrinthinecorridors for hours on end, lost in thought. In his elderly years, Westmarch’sking requested that he be buried among the ruins.

纵观拉基斯的一生,他一直着迷于这个神秘莫测的地方,他常常在迷宫般的走廊内徘徊很长时间后陷入沉思。就在他年迈之日,威斯马屈国王请求能将他埋葬在这座遗迹之中。

From what I have gathered, this wish was granted. Hisfinal resting place, the tomb of Rakkis, supposedly lies in the heart of thenephalem catacombs.

从我所收集的资料看,这个愿望实现了。他最后安息的地方,拉基斯之墓。据说这座坟墓位于这座涅法雷姆之城的中心。

Ps.这部分是由泰瑞尔节选的,所以可以肯定的是画线的地方是泰瑞尔重点注意到的,那么就能明白为什么泰瑞尔要将黑灵魂石封存在这里,因为天使与恶魔都无法进入,当然泰瑞尔虽然是凡人,但并不是人类,圣光风暴中提到,他进入时远古的涅法雷姆魔力一直在对他审核,并不清楚他的身份是什么,之所以让他进入的原因,是因为他没有恶意,但有个问题出现了就是马瑟尔是天使,他是如何进入这座遗迹,并潜入拉基斯之墓的呢?

到此处为止,与贴吧更新一致了,在未来的日子,我会两面同时更新,不会存在延误的情况,请放心。
发表于 2014-7-27 00:08:26 |显示全部楼层 来自:天津

帖子:18070

符文:219

57#
楼主这么晚了还在忙么 早点休息吧
发表于 2014-7-27 00:17:19 |显示全部楼层 来自:黑龙江
[armory]http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/profile/batman-3660/hero/28660442[/armory]

帖子:15

符文:0

58#
必须支持 中英对照翻译